7 Things Your Target Audience Needs to Hear
By DiAnn Mills
Our target audience is why we spend hours laboring over our manuscripts. We listen to them and visit their social media platforms. We zone in on their needs and do our best to provide aid and answers through face-to-face events and social media.
· Those special readers buy our books and more!
· Share our books with their friends.
· Spread the word on social media.
· Write incredible reviews.
· Invite us to book club gatherings.
· Send us emails and notes of encouragement.
· Take time to attend speaking and book events.
· And many we will never meet nor grasp all they do for us.
Our target audience is a priority, and they deserve to be elevated to show their importance.
The following 7 items will help writers reach out to their audience and cultivate valuable relationships. Every item is what the writer will do for their audience . . . not the other way around.
- Dear reader, my goal is to build a friendship with you. I care about you, and I’m constantly working to answer your questions, inform, and entertain you.
- The passion for my writing project comes from a deep desire to provide a great book, blog posts, articles, and social media posts for you. Your encouragement is why I work hard at my craft.
- You can trust me to stand firm on my brand. I’m a writer who is true to my promises. My books, blogs, articles, and social media posts reflect my integrity.
- Reader, you are important to me. My posts are about how I can meet your needs. My promise to keep in touch is reliable. Leave comments, and I will respond.
- Your input helps me be productive. I’m listening to your suggestions, questions, and advice.
- We’re a team. No writer is ever alone. We need each other to walk this path called life.
- What books and writers have influenced you? How can I best continue to serve you?
Our target audience of readers are priceless gems. Nurture and take care of them. Are you willing to do the work?
(Photos courtesy of FreeDigitalPhotos.net and Vlado.)
DiAnn Mills is a bestselling author who believes her readers should expect an adventure. She weaves memorable characters with unpredictable plots to create action-packed, suspense-filled novels. DiAnn
Her titles have appeared on the CBA and ECPA bestseller lists; won two Christy Awards, the Golden Scroll, Inspirational Readers’ Choice, and Carol award contests.
DiAnn is a founding board member of the American Christian Fiction Writers, an active member of the Blue Ridge Mountains Christian Writers, Advanced Writers and Speakers Association, Mystery Writers of America, the Jerry Jenkins Writers Guild, Sisters in Crime, and International Thriller Writers. DiAnn continues her passion of helping other writers be successful. She speaks to various groups and teaches writing workshops around the country.
DiAnn has been termed a coffee snob and roasts her own coffee beans. She’s an avid reader, loves to cook, and believes her grandchildren are the smartest kids in the universe. She and her husband live in sunny Houston, Texas.